Web of Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venice, the Italian city of water ways and festivals, masquerades and balls. The city of romance and life but beneath the joviality and parties lay darker things. Vampires roam the night and lycanthropes howl at the moon. Do you dare take residence?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Josef San Dominique (re-vamp)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Josef San Dominique (re-vamp) Empty Josef San Dominique (re-vamp) Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:47 am

Josef San Dominique

Character Name:
Josef San Dominique.

Power level: Adept
Age, Gender: 350, Male.

Description:
A six foot tall black man with dreads. He weighs about two hundred pounds, and is muscular and athletic in build. His hands and feet are calloused, and he has whip scars on his back. He wears loose-fitting, handmade clothing, and only carries what will fit in his bag. Josef wears a gris, gris armband, a mojo bag, and a catholic rosary, the symbols of his faith. He still dresses like he did as a slave.

Personality:
Josef is intelligent and calculating predator. He weighs and measures every action and response. He is controlled and stoic. He is fond of music and dance, and lives the life of a gypsy vagabond-king. The trappings of status are a clever illusion that he plays quite well. A guise or facade, that is beguiling, and intriguing to most people. He has enthralled many, but he is honorable, taking only what he needs.

History:
Born into slavery while Haiti was still under French occupation. The man now known as Josef worked in the fields on a sugar plantation. One evening while walking home from the fields, Josef was attacked by a rogue vampire, but he didn't die, he turned. Consumed by the thirst, he slaughtered the entire plantation, and was cornered by an angry mob.

A powerful and respected Hougan had stepped in and saved his life, and a pact was made by the two. The Hougan taught Josef to control the thirst. Josef spent several lifetimes watching over and learning from the Hougan and his family. Eventually, taking their name and their faith as his own. Josef honored the pact by feeding the Hougan's family with his vampiric essence. Over the years, they were changed. Becoming vampires themselves. They spread through out the Carribean, reaching from New Orleans in the North to Rio de Jinero in the South, and everywhere in between. Solidifying their hold on power in the region by negotiating a truce with the local Shifter packs. They practice Voodoo, and have gathered many human followers.

Josef hopes to spread peace and unite the species, and that hope has brought him to Venice.

Powers/Training/Experience/weaknesses

Agriculture.
Tribal Warfare, simple weapons and hand-to-hand.
Training as a Voodoo priest, blood and death magics.

Please read the powers section

Adept vampire Powers:
Naturally all fledgling powers

"Deep Rolling": Given time, a sufficiently powerful vampire can put a victim into an effectively permanent hypnotic state than “Rolling” alone.

“Mass Hypnosis”: Some vampires are able to exert a hypnotic effect over an entire crowd.

"Voice Tricks": Some vampires are able to use their power to affect their voice, focusing on one word and giving the illusion of the word. For example: if the vampire says the word "sweet", the victim might experience a sugary taste.

Blood Line Power: Descended from an unknown African line.

Kiss or Non Kiss:
Unaligned
RP Sample:

Section in the works.

Playerbase/Face Claim name: Jean Paul
Pictures:
I will add an avatar later.

Last edited by Josef San Dominique on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:15 pm; edited 4 times in total

2Josef San Dominique (re-vamp) Empty Edits Required Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:41 am

Aubrey

Aubrey
Vampire - Master

Hello, I'm going to need some edits before I can approve this application:

Although you have given slightly more detail in this revamp of your other application, it is still very short considering Josef is going on 40 years of age. The Description, Personality and History sections could still use a real fleshing out; we'd really like for these sections to be as thorough as possible. You've also left the Family Ties section completely blank despite mentioning family members in the History section.

It's also my suggestion that you read the Craft Types section again, along with the Rules and Guidelines and decide what kind of magic you'd like Josef to practice. Your application references the "Gar" or "gaar", which describes the facial markings of the Nuer people (Ethiopia) as part of their initiation into adulthood. However, you also reference the Guédé, who are the family of spirits that embody the powers of death and fertility in Haitian Vodou; Ethiopia and Haiti are very distinctly different places and are geographically very separate, as Haiti is a Caribbean country and Ethiopia is a landlocked country in the Horn of Africa.

My only other real concern is that you mention Josef using blood magic called "Ravashem"; I looked into this and the only connection I could find between the mention of Ravashem/Raveshem and Blood Magic was in reference to http://forum2.rpg.net. Unfortunately, since I could find no other mention of "Ravashem", academic or otherwise, I must ask that you not use it, since it appears to have no historical or cultural basis.

The Information from rpg.net:
The Raveshem are a mysterious race known as the Blood Mages, being mostly humans of mixed races….They have developed a primitive form of magic involving blood….Blood Mages travel throughout the Worldship seeking blood, knowledge and power. With their spells, they make formidable adversaries. The race as a whole is a bad lot.

Please make edits in reference to these suggestions and then I will review again in full.

If you need any help feel free to contact me or the other admins.

3Josef San Dominique (re-vamp) Empty Re: Josef San Dominique (re-vamp) Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Aubrey

Aubrey
Vampire - Master

Hi there,

Since it has been almost two weeks and there has been no reply in regard to your application, I am moving this application to the Graveyard. If you would like the application moved back into the Pending section then please PM an admin.

The Admin Team

4Josef San Dominique (re-vamp) Empty Re: Josef San Dominique (re-vamp) Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Josef San Dominique

I decided to go vampire and made the modifications with the templates, and then after that, this is the first I've heard from anybody in two weeks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum