Web of Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venice, the Italian city of water ways and festivals, masquerades and balls. The city of romance and life but beneath the joviality and parties lay darker things. Vampires roam the night and lycanthropes howl at the moon. Do you dare take residence?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:15 am

Jon

Jon
Il clan della cresta - Nimir-Raj

He knew that slipped past his guards after the last time was going to be next to impossible. SO it was far to say he thought himself sneaky till he got half way to the bar before giving a huge sigh. "Come out Adam." A glare was sent over his shoulder as his bodyguard came out of the shadows looking amused. "Didn't think you knew I was following." He rolled his eyes and tapped a foot against the ground. "Not even a night? Really. Gimme some slack here.Nothing happened last time." He meant when he sneaked out of the house and gone to the Pack club.

He got a glare for that. Apparently they were still pissed about that. Go figure. Sighing he patted his pocket. " I wants space then. Keep 50 from me at all time. I wanna pretend like I can have a social like alright?" He got another glare but this time it had a nod with it. That was about as good as it was gonna get he knew that. Sighing he made his way to his favorite watering hole trying to pretend like he didn't have a big bald shadow on his tail. He relaxed a bit as he slipped into the place putting all his worries out of his mind for the moment before heading over the bar.

He grinned and greeted the tender by name before his usually whiskey was placed in front of himself. He took a sip of his drink glancing around wondering how busy the place had been today. It wasn't overly crowded which didn't bother Jon. He just wanted to hang out around others that weren't pard. And with the exception of his shadow he was pulling it off very nicely. He hummed to himself slightly letting his eyes wander up to the tv over the bar even as someone took the seat at his side.

2Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:46 am

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan came in, tense and annoyed. He just wanted to relax and enjoy the night as the day hadn't gone so well. He made his way to the bar, and took a seat down to the only other occupant. He wasn't really paying attention to who it was, "Double shot of whiskey to start out, and then a Tiger please." He ordered right of the bat. The tender nodded and brought the order before chucking back the double shot, and hissed slightly. The hiss didn't sound completely human, but the burn sure felt great and he didn't care.

He ran a hand through his hair before taking the Tiger and took a swig. He had left home to avoid the kind of shit he was now in already, and he planned to get drunk. He ran a hand through his slightly tussled hair, and it only made it look more disheveled but in that pleasant way. The hair fell forward on either side of his face to block the view of the upper half a bit.

"Life just needs to go fuck itself," he muttered out to no one before taking another swig of his open beverage.

3Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:40 am

Jon

Jon

He paused the drink more than half way to his mouth,lips actually already parted when the guy ordered. He blinked wondering what it was with people around her and tiger. It was always that or Cobra. Hearing him say Tiger just remembered him of Tony. Another reason to wince slightly. Shaking his head he took a long drink out of his glass before twisting his head enough to the side to notice the guy wasn't actually that bad looking.

"One of those days huh?" He blinked his nose working as well as his eyes did and he knew the guy next to him was a snake. What kind was beyond him but he knew snake for sure. He drummed his fingers on the bar top gaining the tenders attention. Jon met his eyes and nodded and like that the blonde's drinks were added to Jon's tab. A nice little system he had worked out since he was a regular.

" I think if life got fucked more it'd be in a better mood." He offered a smirk before turning back this own drink. The tender had overheard and was laughing. "Another pearl of Jon wisdom ?"

"You know me.. it's like my good deed of the day. My way of letting some sunshine out and shit." He grinned back before looking over to the blonde before offering his name. Not like the guy couldn't put it together and figured it out from the tender. "I'm Jon by the way."

4Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:25 pm

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan blinked some as the man next to him spoke. They were the only two at the bar, so he could only assume it was to him, especially on the comment that was made. He finally looked over to him, gave him a look over, and then approving little smirk of his lips before looking to his eyes. "Yeah...try to escape drama only to run into it in the new place," he shook his head some, "and trying to be a good guy to boot. Remind me next time not to save someone's ass if they have mate." He said as he took another drink.

When the shifter, for feline he tasted on his tongue, gave his name despite the tender saying so a moment ago. "Gaelan. I've just come out of the cave as you could say," he said chuckling a bit darkly that seemed to be natural for him. He then turned to the tender.

"Shot of vodka next," he said before he finished off the Tiger, and set the bottle aside. He then turned and looked to Jon, "so what flavor of feline are you? I could feel out...but..." smirks some, "that would be rude. Fun...but rude."

5Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:27 am

Jon

Jon

He worked on finishing his drink even as he was starting to check out the male near him. He was fit,blonde and kinda hot. Interesting, though he had to admit he shouldn't really be looking at the moment. Like he didn't have enough on his plate as it was. He had just set the glass on the bar when he head the tail end of his words. "So .. you were helping someone out and you still got the shaft? Rough deal man." He shook his head before pushing his empty drink away.

Since he was in here so often it didn't surprise him when a new fresh drink appeared before to long. his hands wrapped around the glass as he looked back to Gaelen. He considered his words and figured you only lived once so why not? "Go on.. I prefer fun over rude any day of the week myself." He grinned letting him know he'd rather Gaelen try to figure it out himself rather than just saying what he was. Him and puzzles. He had some issues but that could be said for alot of people anymore.

He nodded at the bartender suddenly wanting a shot himself. He hadn't planned on getting drunk but if he could find someone to keep up with him why not right? He slipped his hands forward better bracing himself against the bar before turning hazel eyes over to the blonde waiting.

6Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:35 am

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan Zenos

"Yup that's about the gist of it," Gaelan said in answer to Jon's statement of seizing up the situation he was in. He could understand how the other wolf had gotten upset. He definitely would have if he had such a....nice submissive under his care. When he was given permission to be 'fun' as it were to figure out what he was, Gaelan raised an eye-brow up at that.

"Well then...if you insist," he said smirking just a bit as he shifted his tongue so it was forked like a snake. He then leaned over and closer so that when it shot out and flickered, his tongue would brush along his skin just faintly. He could almost taste the power around him. He was a strong one that was for sure. He also tasted of a cat, so feline it was. However it wasn't exotic...so he ruled out tiger, but it was still...exotic in it's own way.

"You're a leopard...and sssstrong at that," he hissed out before shifting his tongue back to normal, "I would say perhaps...second in command minimum, but with your shadow over there," he said pointing right to his guard, "I'd Nimir-Raj." He said with a slight smirk before downing his shot of Vodka, and giving a sound of pleasure as it burned down.

7Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Jon

Jon

Jon shook his head thinking that sometimes life was a bitch. His attention turned back to his drink only long enough to take a long sip. Hearing Gaelen speak he wasn't too surprised tilting his head back like this wasn't the first time he had allowed a snake to puzzle him out. He sensed movement in the shadows and held one hand up subtly trying to tell Adam to keep back. He sensed a silent sigh before Adam listened and kept hugging the shadows. He turned his hazel eyes back to the blonde waiting for his guess.

He could guess pretty well Jon mussed as he sipped on this drink. Matter fact it didn't even seem to be a guess the way he causally said the word leopard. "Got it in the first go." Hearing Gaelen speak his eyes narrowed and he tossed a look over his shoulder the glare only seeming to get more heated as he locked his eyes onto the spot where Adam should have been. "Can't freaking go any where anymore." He gave a huge sigh and turned his attention back to his drink.

He laughed a bit then turned his attention back to the snake. "I was bad so apparently get a baby sittwe. Least till they get the stick out of their asses and let me live my own life again." He rubbed at his face before downing his own shot and shoving it forward requesting another one. "So how long have you been around. Haven't seen someone since you in awhile." He got an almost fond look on his face before shaking it off and grabbing what remained of his glass.

Last edited by Jon on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

8Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:07 am

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan merely grinned, "It's my job to know what I'm looking for. If I don't...I'm not good at my job any more." He said simply in answer to his comment about how he had guessed fairly well. He would soon be getting his name back out there to pick up some contracts and start getting things taken care of. He was even tempted to go and speak with the new master. They always needed ruthless killers right?

He then looked to Jon as he was asked how long he had been in town. He smirked a bit, "Oh a few years, but during the fighting from the last master I went underground. I wasn't going to get tangled in that shit." He said bluntly and took the shot that was brought over to him, and took it down like a pro.

"Now that things are getting calmer, I've decided to slip out," smirks some, "I might be good at what I do, but I won't risk my hide." He said and then chuckle as the word hide meant for both him and his beast, and for some reason it had just really amused him at that point.

9Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:12 am

Jon

Jon

He finished his drink off and was gesturing for another as he listened to Gaelen. He had a good idea what kind of line of work Gaelen was in now, couldn't talk like that and be a salon owner or something else equally as tame. It made him wonder if spotting another shifter was a gift that Gaelen had or if he should work harder at fitting in. He hadn't been noticed by humans as far as he could tell so he figured he wasn't doing that badly.

He nodded picking up his new drink. Made sense he would go missing with the fight that came around from the last Master of the city's actions. From what he understood in the end the council had been the one to end her life and put a new Vampire in charge. He was hoping that this one wouldn't be as bad or worse than the last one.

He nodded toasting to the snake before taking along swallow. "So far everything is calm. Nothing much going on which I'm liking myself. Of course this could just be the eye of the storm." He made a face at himself for even suggesting such a thing but it had be said. Shaking his head he glanced over. "Outside of your job what keeps you busy?" He wouldn't ask details about the job. He knew that he wouldn't get to much out of the snake anyhow and he was happy enough to just sit there and enjoy his company for the moment.

Sensing movement he blinked then twisted as Adam walked up to him. He muttered something about a fight at the house and Jon nodded giving him the ok to go. He wouldn't be moving, a free no baby sitter card? He'd take that with a quickness. Shrugging he turned back to Gaelen his hand still wrapped around his drink.

10Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan Zenos

On the question of what kept him busy outside of work, caused him to think. While he did his thoughts roamed to that of business of war. He could have become a rich man during that time. Many hits had been asked and sent out for, but that meant risking angering all of the species of shifters in Venice. That was not something he wanted at the moment. "Drinking is one thing," he answered finally, "I like the taste of the fluid and the burn...even if it's harder for us to get drunk." He said chuckling a little.

His mind then wandered if perhaps he should contact the Kiss. See if they needed a private hit man on hand and call. He could ask in return, their...support should he need it. Support sounded better then protection in his mind. "Working out...keeping my fighting skills in shape," he answered in what seemed almost right after his first answer, "I never know when they might be needed again." He said chuckling a little before looking to the tender.

"Give me something hard...drink wise not a shot," he said to make sure his order was correct. He was determined to get drunk this night...even if his snake didn't like it, he could still function well drunk. His parent's had made sure of it.

11Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:47 am

Jon

Jon

He smiled and nodded while thinking fast. "Always though that drinking was more of a vice to have rather than a hobby but everyone's got their own thing right?" He toyed with his drink before slamming the rest of it down. It wasn't his intention to get drunk but he wouldn't mind getting buzzed. More so now that his baby sitter had to wander off. Free rein, Jon would take advantage of it. He glanced over to Gaelen before gesturing to the bar tender. "Give him a Black Jack and Coke."

He paused. "Actually give me one too." This drink was something he had come up with while lonely and having a full bar at his house. 100 proof Jack that was sure to get anyone buzzed within three drinks. He shoved his empty drink away and waited for the new one to appear. "If you like vodka you should like this. Lost of trial and error is how I discovered this drink." He leaned against the bar humming slightly to himself before glancing over to the blonde once more.

12Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan nodded. It wasn't really a hobby on the drinking part. He just...really didn't have any. He should change that...maybe. Fighting and killing was just too deep in his bones, muscles, and nerves. He lived and breathed it almost. How else do you think he noticed the guard? He could spot muscle easily for not looking like anything himself.

He then raised his eye-brows at the drink order. He had never heard of it, but then the Ra's answer was clear enough a moment later. "Well...I don't really have a preferred drink so I'll give a shot," smiles a bit, "vodka and coke...be an interesting flavor." He said in answer and then turned his neck to each side to give it a good crack. His snake started to rise up a little to get a better scent of the other shifter.

"I hear the new Master of the city has finally arrived," he said in simple conversation as they waited for their drinks, "think things will get hopping soon with it?" He asked out of curiosity.

13Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:23 pm

Jon

Jon

"tell me what you think." He glanced over as Gaelen pulled the drink closer to himself before starting to drink his own. The first taste was always harsh no matter how often he did drink this mixture. He winched slightly and shook his head only mildly paying attention as the snake seemed to move closer to his leopard. Even though they were both Alpha Jon didn't think he had anything to really worry about. Least not in terms of a fight breaking out.

Hearing the remark about the new Master he blinked then gave a steady look to his drink. :Haven't heard much about him but I'm hoping he's gonna be a little more easy to work with than the last one." The war was still lingering in the back of his head as he spoke and he tried to shove the thought back into the back of his head. he didn't want to dwell, he just wanted to relax and hang out. He allowed his cat closer to the snake while thinking out loud. "I'm just hoping the past doesn't happen all over again."

14Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan took the drink as it came by, and he sniffed at it. It smelled like it was going to go down like a bitch. After a moment he took a swallow, and when he put the glass down a sharp in take of breath would be heard. "By the Gods," he choked out. His voice was strained a little, and then he laughed, "that's got some kick to it."

"If it does do a repeat...maybe I'll take some part in it," he said with a shrug not really sure once again, "depends on what side I choose and who I'm up against. I rather live to see another day after all." He said and took a drink again. It didn't seem as bad on the second go, but it was still nice and strong.

"How much was affected by the war?" he asked. He might as well get the low down from someone who seemed to know pretty well. It would seem, from what he's heard, that there is still some tension and worry going about.

15Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Jon

Jon

He leaned against the bar and laughed as Gaelen seemed shocked at how strong it is. "Not something I drink all the time or I'd get to used to it and never be able to get buzzed ever again." He shook his head wondering if that was a sad thing or not. Sighing he picked up the drink once more and took another long sip wincing slightly as the burn went down his throat and settled into his belly. With his glass still in his head he glanced side ways at the snake.

He idly tossed the snake before commenting. "Most of us would honest enough." He eyed the dark colored liquid in his glass. "Actually got something in the works so it the Vampires go back to the old game plan it won't be nearly as bad." That was as much as he was willing to give away. Not that he didn't trust the snake.. ok so he didn't trust the snake even if he would bang him. Those were two separate things in his mind. Twisting the drink in his hand he glanced over to Gaelen.

"So is there a local snake group around here or something? Cuz I swear I saw someone near the water ways. Wasn't you though." He sipped at his drink enjoying the burn once more before glancing back at the blonde next to him.His inner kitten was stretching out and rumbling slightly enjoying the quiet moment that came from not stressing out over his pard.

16Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:44 am

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan Zenos

"Yeah...nice burn," Gaelan said before taking another sip, and enjoyed the heat better now that he knew what to expect. Oh yeah...he'd like to have that once in a while. He'd have to remember to come here when he wanted a good strong drink. Definitely wake him up with the strength. He then looked back over to Jon.

"Well that's good...vampires are the worst kind of...things that craw the earth,"
he said agreeing before looking at his drink, "and that's saying something...as some humans are just as bad. Most of the time, shifters are a nice even middle." He said as he swirled the drink around in his glass. The leopard wasn't bad looking, but he did smell another on him, and he wasn't one to make a move on some one taken. Now...if Jon made a move first, he'd be all for it.

Gaelan shook his head slightly, "No, no nest. There's another snake. Ran into him already...but different species. He seems a bit...jumpy...nervous in my opinion." He said as he waited for the warmth of his last mouthful to fade. He still wasn't liking the idea that nests were ruled by females. He was use to being in charge and the biggest and baddest.

17Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Jon

Jon

He offered a shrug eyes casually wandering around the room after listening to Gaelen speak. "Not much of a fan but I'll never run into one myself. I hear things but outside of that I keep to myself.Less trouble to get into that way." He actually spent alot of time with just Pard and the humans that came into his office needing someone to go looking for a missing person or follow a cheating spouse. Sometimes his job wasn't as interesting as people thought it was. Matter of fact his run in with Devon was the first time he had been around another shifter that wasn't in his pard. Look how that had gone.

Maybe he should make more of an effort to get out and about. He wondered for a moment that if he had been more social than he had been if he would have marked Devon as impulsively as he had. It had throw a wrench into everything he had been planning that was sure. He wasn't even sure what sort of relationship Devon was expecting from him. He'd never been in a one on one relationship. That was going to be an interesting if not awkward chat. He shrugged and turned back to the male sitting next to him. "Didn't think that snakes had groups honestly. Was he .. kinda tallish. Dark brown hair?" He took another sip of the drink and set the glass back down turning his attention to Gaelen once more.

He nodded tapping one hand on the counter before giving up and sending his cat towards Gaelen. If he wasn't interested in a metaphysical cuddle with the cat he'd back down but he was curious about the guy next to him. Add in the face he hadn't has sex since that one time with Devon almost two weeks ago and you could say he wouldn't have minded getting closer if that was something that interested the other.

18Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan Zenos

Gaelan looked over to the feline as he described the other snake, and gave a slight nod. "Yeah...take it you've seen him around then?" He asked and then thought about it, "yeah neither did I. Then again the only other two snakes I've known about has been my parent's. It's like they thrive in certain places, and others we're just one or two or so. Not enough to really be called anything." He said thoughtfully to Jon.

He then felt the guys feline brushing against his snake. It was an odd enough sensation to cause him to shiver. It was not one of unwelcome, just odd. He had never been approached that way at all, and fur against scales was a major contrast. His snake seemed alright with it. Even moving it's head towards the feline to flick it's tongue out at the feline. "So...I'm still learning the places around town," Gaelan said after a moment, "Other than this bar, what is there to do? Maybe some good swimming locations?" He asked curiously.

19Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Empty Re: Drinking alone is sad (Gaelen) Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:42 am

Jon

Jon

He tapped his glass on the bar a thoughtful look on his face. Made sense in an odd sort of way, different groups liked different places. Like the hyenas like the hot areas and the pard liked being around water. He wasn't sure how snakes felt about where they moved. Not one of the bigger groups he knew that much. When his cat flopped down next to the snake stretching out he finished off his drink.It was an open invite to the snake, a "cuddle if you want" move.

He tapped his now empty glass against the bar top considering all the places he knew that Gaelen might be interested. "Well there's the waterways. Not some place I'd get away with swimming in by it might be more your thing. At night. Only lovers who think their the new Romeo and Juliet go down that way at night." He blinked when he saw the bartender mange to swap his empty glass with a full one before going on.

"There's the wolf club. I've been a couple times. Decent without being all slutty and sad. There's a Bondage club near the waterway. Never been myself. Never heard about how it is inside." He gave a shrug. He'd never been tied up so he could comment on people who liked that sort of thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum