Web of Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venice, the Italian city of water ways and festivals, masquerades and balls. The city of romance and life but beneath the joviality and parties lay darker things. Vampires roam the night and lycanthropes howl at the moon. Do you dare take residence?

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Night in the City {Pierce}

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty A Night in the City {Pierce} Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:05 am

Eve

Eve

Ocean blue eyes wandered around, moving this way and that to try and find their destination. Evelyne walked slowly, her heels clicking with each step. She hadn't been in Venice long, all of a week or so. The woman was still trying to find her way around and she couldn't say how many times she'd nearly gotten lost. The only thing that saved her was her acute sense of smell. Now, the street lights lit up the night and the stars shimmered high above in the dark sky. Running a hand through her nearly bleach blonde hair, Eve let out a sigh of relief as she finally found the club.

Her outfit for the evening consisted of a pair of jeans that hugged her hips and a baby blue v-neck top. The heels she wore were silver and added an extra two inches to her 5'6 frame. The lioness made her way into the club and headed straight to the bar. After grabbing the attention of the tender, she ordered herself a coke and took a seat. Once more, her eyes wandered around. It seemed that everything she saw was repetitive. People grinding together against the dancefloor or trying to hook up with another. To her, the arousal in the air was palpable and she found herself shaking her head a bit.

All of her thoughts slowed as she picked up on the scent of another lion. Almost instantly, the feline within her stirred, wanting to pinpoint just where this lion was coming in at. Instead of actually looking, she allowed her beast to spread out, making its presence known to the lion that had entered. Perhaps this lion knew where she could find the Pride. Heck, maybe he was part of the Pride. She would have to find out somehow.

2A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:56 pm

Pierce Harris

Pierce Harris

Two weeks after moving into town and he found himself entertaining himself with a night out at one of the local clubs. The meeting with Dillon seemed to go well and he knew it was only a matter of time before he met up wit the elusive Rex himself. He had been told of the King's business so he didn't think badly of the other cat for wanting to focus on that. He wasn't here to cause trouble and having met Dillon would go a long way to convincing the Rex he should be allowed to stay.

He slipped into the club looking more like an owner than an actual club goer. He had pressed to meet up with his new bosses before heading out for the night. Which explained the suit. It did get him more than on appraising look as he made his way up to the bar and ordered a dry gin. It was only then he noticed that his lion was starting at something over in a corner. He sipped at the drink extending his senses till he found the cat.

After taking the bartender for the drink he made his way over to the table taking in the sight of the blonde female that was also another Lion. While he wasn't truly in the Pride yet he considered that keeping an eye out for them wasn't a totally bad idea."Hello there. Would you like company?" His free hand had slipped into his jacket pocket and he nodded at the seat across from the cat with his head.

3A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:45 am

Eve

Eve

She waited in silence, sipping her drink when a male appeared. Her eyes rose to meet his own before they looked over his form. He was the first lion she was meeting and she figured it was best to know them all. "Please, have a seat. Some company would be nice," she said, offering him a warm smile. Eve's eyes roamed around once more before looking back to him after he'd taken the seat.

"I'm Evelyne, though everyone simply calls me Eve," the lioness said, making sure that she introduced herself. Wouldn't do to have a conversation and have no idea what to call the person one was speaking with. She'd been there before. Suffice to say, it was an awkward conversation. Seemed to have gone almost backwards since the introductions weren't done until after they were done speaking.

4A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 am

Pierce Harris

Pierce Harris

He made sure that the drink wasn't going to end up going anywhere before settling down in his seat and moving green eyes over to the blonde he was now sitting across from. She seemed lovely, very nice on the eyes but Pierce held his tongue wanting to see if there was brain to match the stunning looks. He shifted back putting his back against the back of the seat before giving the lioness his full attention.

He offered a smile before nodding at her and offering his own name. "I'm Pierce." He didn't give a last name out out of sheer habit. He found it better to only give his first till he learned more about whom he was talking too. "I have to admit I don't think I've seen you around Venice." Sure the place was huge but the Lions were far and few in between at the moment. Surely someone would have noticed a female lion roaming around before long.

5A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Eve

Eve

She nodded slightly as he said his name. That was probably the easiest part of the evening. With one last glance tossed around the room, her attention focused on the male across from her. Her senses remained alert should she need to leave for any reason. At his statement, she offered him a smile and shrugged a bit. "What can I say? I'm very elusive and hard to find," she said with a teasing tone.

After a moment she shook head slightly and spoke again. "No, I'm actually new around here. I seem to have a knack for finding clubs whenever I arrive somewhere I haven't previously been to," she said softly. Then again, that was because for a while she'd been drinking almost constantly due to the ache she felt caused by the loss of her previous pride.

6A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Pierce Harris

Pierce Harris

He leaned back in his seat tugging the glass towards himself that he could easily reach it without having to lean forward once again. His head tilted to the side and a small smile was on his face. "Elusive is it? Avoiding the locals?" He didn't want to say anything that would cause more human attention to head their way. As liked as some shifters were there were still humans who would start a witch hunt if they could. His hand curled around his drink as he watched the blonde in front of himself. Not pride he knew that much. He had met all of the very small pride already.

He nodded and glanced around once more himself. "I've fairly knew as well. From overseas matter of fact. I'm an American. Something that makes me stick out a bit on this side of the ocean." He lifted the drink to his lips and took a sip."This is actually the first club I've wandered into since I arrived. I'm not much for clubs myself." He set the glass back down and folded his hands on the table as he watched Eve. She seemed nice enough but it wasn't his call. If the Rex didn't like her she would be run out as a rouge. He didn't know if she was looking for them or not though.

7A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:32 am

Eve

Eve

A sculpted brow rose at his query of avoiding the locals. She wasn't exactly eager to find the pride, but she knew that she couldn't keep putting it off. In fact, putting it off was probably a terrible decision for her. The last thing the lioness wanted was to make a bad impression and the only thing she could think of was getting a meeting as soon as possible. Eve didn't need or want anyone upset with her.

As he stated he was American, she found herself smiling slightly. She had noticed his lack of accent from these parts and had assumed where he was from but it was nice to have it confirmed. "I'm not much of a club-goer myself honestly. Once in a blue moon do I actually go to one and even then it isn't for a lengthy period of time. I actually prefer curling up with a good book," Evelyne said softly.

8A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Pierce Harris

Pierce Harris

He tucked the fact she didn't really answer his question away in the back of his mind to consider later. It never dwelled well to have rouges in a city and while he didn't know the Rex well enough to know if he ran them off or not he had to tell the other Lion about this meeting as soon as he could. He lifted the drink once more and took another sip as Eve spoke. For the moment he'd let the current topic shift to something a little less lion based.

He nodded and shifted back against the seat placing his glass back onto the table. " I understand the sentiment. I'm usually bothered by young unattached people whenever I come into a club. I'm never looking for a ..short term relationship and don't consider a club to meet someone for anything else so it tends to get a tab bothersome for me." He shrugged before looking back at her. "I feel the need to apologize but on behalf of the local pride I was curious if you were planning on inquiring about joining or if you were merely wandering though."

9A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:00 am

Eve

Eve

Eve listened to his words and nodded slightly. For some reason the club was the first place she always found herself wandering. It didn't quite make sense since she wasn't big on the club scene, but maybe that was just the way of things for her.

His question caused her to pause for a moment. "I was going to inquire actually. It's simply been a matter of my recent arrival and the fact that I'm not certain where I'm going," Eve said, giving a small and nonchalant shrug of her shoulders. The pride was a priority come the morning or afternoon. It depended on when she woke up. Taking a sip of her coke, small flecks of amber appeared in her eyes as she looked around once more. "Are you part of the pride then," she asked as her gaze moved back to Pierce.

10A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:46 pm

Pierce Harris

Pierce Harris

His posture relaxed slightly as she told him she was looking for the pride. He knew what a new change of scene could do to someone. It seemed to make it harder to focus on finding a certain group of people if you just wanted to start learning your surroundings. He picked up his drink and took a sip. Hearing her question he nodded setting the drink back down. "Yes I am. Not for very long. I was in your position not very long ago matter of fact. I manged to like wise run into one of the pride members on my second day here."

He smiled briefly as the memory ran across his mind. Shaking his head slightly he looked back at the lioness across from him. "I was extremely lucky to have run into one of the younger lions so my wandering around wasn't taken as anything but mere curiousness." He flicked his eyes off the woman across from him watching as a group of people walked by them slowly before heading to a table across the room. They hadn't heard anything odd but Pierce got the impression that keeping an eye on them would be wise.

He turned his eyes back to the lion across from. "I believe in passing along good intention. If you give me your number I will pass it to the Rex or his second. I had given my number over and they had called me. It seems like their favored method to meeting the new lions into town."

11A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:26 am

Eve

Eve

Eve nodded slowly at his words. "Not the best position to be in. I suppose it's a good thing I ran into you then," she said with a warm smile. She was intrigued by this lion, to say the least. While she felt like she could speak with him about many matters, Evelyne doubted she would be doing such at any point in the very near future. Since the tragedy of her last pride, she'd stayed to herself, though what had happened was still fresh in her mind.

She was glad that Pierce wasn't a long time pride member, though it probably would have been a little more informative if he had been. That was no worry though. He seemed like he knew the pride fairly well though he hadn't met them all that long ago. It would no doubt come in handy. The people that walked by caused her eyes to drift over and follow them as they took a table across the room. Something wasn't right about them. Eve couldn't pinpoint it, but she felt it.

Turning back to Pierce she nodded and pulled out some paper from her bag. With an elegant scrawl, she wrote down her name and number and slid it over. "As long as it isn't early in the morning, I should be fairly easy to reach. My phone's on me at all times," she assured him.

12A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:54 am

Pierce Harris

Pierce Harris

He offered an easy smile back nodding as well. He'd seen other lions make the mistake of not seeking out the pride and more than not it ended with some pain on the neglect lion's part. Rouges were seldom peaceful so there was a good reason behind it. He sipped his drink before speaking again. "What brings you this way? Work, Change of scene?" He, himself. had moved due to a job but knew people always had different reasons for what they did.

His attention was still on t he little group while watching Eve write down her number and slide it over to him. He picked it up and pocketed it knowing that he would be calling Dillon fairly soon enough. His hand went back around his glass jade eyes turning to look at the lioness across from himself. "So what sort of things are you into Eve? I might be able to suggest some locals sites. I haven't started work just yet so I've been using my free time to wander and get used to the new area."

13A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:45 am

Eve

Eve

Um..." was all she said. Did she answer that question the way she should? Or did she simply dodge around it. Her eyes lowered and she bit her lower lip, wondering what to say. Her reasonings weren't a first meeting kind of deal. "I guess it was more so a change of scenery," Eve said, offering a little bit of a shrug. There was a lot more to it than that.

His next question caused her mind to wander around. What did she like...."Well, as I said, I love curling up with a good book. Places I can relax...like a beach or something..." she said. When he said he hadn't started work and that he had free time Eve began to wonder if he might be able to spend some of it with her. That would be nice for sure. Part of her wondered if he would call her himself...Maybe they could set something up. That would be even better.

14A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:34 am

Pierce Harris

Pierce Harris

"Mine was for a job." He was slightly surprised at admitting such a thing but something told him to trust the other lion. "I work with computer. A branch of the company I worked for opened up over here and asked me to relocate." He gave a shrug before going on. "I didn't have anything holding me back so I figured why not."

"It has been interesting so far I have to admit."He twisted the glass around in his hand for a moment. "From what I understand they hadn't expected me to fly over so soon. Hence having a little extra time to wander around." He glanced over to the little group he had been keeping a watch on by it appeared they weren't up to anything. Atleast at the moment anyhow. "if you need someone to show you around I'd be glad to.. though it might not be the best tour ever I have to admit."

15A Night in the City {Pierce} Empty Re: A Night in the City {Pierce} Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Eve

Eve

Eve found herself nodding as the lion said it was for a job. Computer working was something she'd never quite understood. Sure, the lioness knew how to operate one and such things, but when it came to the technical factors, she was somewhat lost. That wasn't to say she wouldn't eventually figure it out. After much hair pulling and whining that was.

"I could use a tour guide. Who knows, we can get lost together and have an adventure on how to get out," she said, unable to help the grin that appeared on her face. An adventure was something she had trouble turning down. Whether it was because of her nature or because the curiosity of a feline rested within her. Perhaps it was a combination of the two.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum